18.5.11

Eating Clothes

The Prologue

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

* * *

In the morning

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Mr. Black: Hello, Marlowe. Are you very well today?

Marlowe: I suppose I've been worse.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Mr. Black: What is that you are writing? Something about Elena?

Marlowe: No, nothing, and don't speak of her to me.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Mr. Black: No? Well, are you aware that your appearance seems somewhat more neglected than usual?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Marlowe: Thanks.

Mr. Black: I'm glad that you appreciate my honesty. You could repay the favour, if you like.

Marlowe: Why not tell me about your adventures today instead?

Mr. Black: That does sound pleasant. If you insist, I could tell you some things.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Marlowe: Yes, tell me some things.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Mr. Black: Hm, that does not seem like a very natural position for listening.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Mr. Black: I said that does not seem like--

Marlowe: For the love of heaven, be quiet. She's coming!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Elena: Hello, on the bed. Who's there?

Mr. Black: It is I. Completely alone and talking to myself very emphatically.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Elena: Hello, Mr. Black. What are these lumps in the covers?

Mr. Black: Probably explosives. But O, Elena, where are the rest of your clothes?

Elena: Have you seen Marlowe?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Mr. Black: Has he eaten all your clothes and left you with naught but expensive underwear and furs?

Elena: Something like that, but much more delicious.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Mr. Black: No wonder he feels ill. Imagine eating all those clothes.

Elena: Well, I have been quite ravenous myself, as of late.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Mr. Black: Please don't tell me you are seeking Marlowe in order to eat his clothes. That would be awful! What will he wear if you consume all his garments?

Elena: Have no fear, I will devise a plan. Perhaps after I have my way with him, he shall wear bed sheets, like these.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Marlowe: Gah.

Elena: You, Sir, have been hiding from me!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Marlowe: I surrender.

Devour my garments,

O fairest of lycanthropes.

Tear me all to ravished pieces,

until mere choked nothings remain.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Mr. Black: Egads. This garment gobbling must stop. Not only does the habit seem wantonly destructive, but it also makes no sense at all.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Elena: Marlowe, is that how I have made you feel?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Marlowe: Just recently, I've been finding myself tired and distracted. It has become hard to be alone to read or write.

Mr. Black: O, but I love reading.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Marlowe: If you fetch me a book, I will read it to you.

Mr. Black: I have a better idea; I will go so you may finish this conversation in privacy, as is proper. Then, later, we can read something.

[Exeunt Mr. Black]

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Elena: I wish you had told me. I thought you liked being interrupted.

Marlowe: O, I do--rather to excess, and especially when you wear that red thing. But therein lies my difficulty. How does one dare say that something is too enjoyable?

Elena: I have many odd desires, and you are patient with them all. Why not let me repay the favour sometimes?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Marlowe: I suppose I could try that.

Elena: Please do.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

* * *

Then later, as promised...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And at last.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



* * *

A Note: The last image in the prologue uses part of a picture that I took of Rodin's Gates of Hell.

Also, *gloats* Marlowe finally has books. Unfortunately, Elena's corset arrived on the very same evening.

* * *

0 comments:

Post a Comment