6.7.10

Editing My Room

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Two days ago, after painting.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



This afternoon, with all the tap and plastic removed.

I love those red damask drapes so much. My original plan for drapery was either for black or a cream white, but then I came across the red, and they looked miraculously good next to my brown colour chip. They even suited the original wall colour surprisingly well.

And so last night, I was greatly dismayed to see that under artificial light, the walls and fabric do not look nearly as harmonious as I had expected. I may have to go back to my original plans... but oh, however shall I find another fabric imbued with such atmosphere?

These are at once nostalgic, stately, and deliciously licentious. I am sure that others, with far better taste than myself, would scoff at my attachment to these rather common, bourgeois-looking window coverings. In truth, even I am inclined to so at moments, but then at the same time, when I look at them, I can easily sink into a dark alizarin dream of gardens and warm summer winds.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

0 comments:

Post a Comment