21.7.15

The Edgar Allan Poe BJD Photography Challenge

Hello dear and lovely readers, since my collaborative adaptation of "The Raven" has proven so troublesome, my partner (and author of this guest entry) created a smaller-scale challenge.  I'm sharing it here because I doubt I'm the only one who finds the subject matter inspiring.  The themes are as follows:

I. "It was night in the lonesome October of my most immemorial year"

II. "Spirits moving musically to a lute's well-tuned law"

III. "my life and my bride, in the sepulchre there by the sea, in her tomb by the sounding sea"

IV. "And I sighed to him before me, thinking him dead D'Elormie"

V. "A dirge for her the doubly dead in that she died so young"

VI. "I am dying, yet I shall live."

VII. "And he was a passionate, and wild, and moody man, who became lost in reveries so that he would not see that the light which fell so ghastly in that lone turret withered the health and the spirits of his bride, who pined visibly to all but him."

* * *

 I've been given leave to interpret the Poe quotes as I see fit, so we'll see how this new project goes.  Some things might lend themselves better to a contextual BJD illustration than others.  If any one happens to read this and decides to take on the photo challenge too, I'd love to see the results.  Thanks for reading, as always! :0)


 
 
* * *

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing my challenge! I hope your (other) readers would enjoy it too.

Also, I'd like to make a disclaimer. The raven picture doesn't belong to me, I've found it online and only added text. I make no money, take no wife, hold no lands, father no children, wear no crowns and win no glory with of this picture :)
- wiener-blut

Post a Comment