29.6.11

A Folk Tale




One evening, after a damp day of grey mist,

I found myself traveling through a forest.

Last night at the inn, they warned me of the badgers and foxes who haunted this wood.

As so many monks, lords, and other rational men have taken this road without incident, I am not afraid of the superstitions harboured by the locals.

The ghosts of broken parasols and old sandals are too quaint to be aught but amusing.

There remains a full two hours before nightfall, and I have no doubt these woods shall prove just as uneventful as all the others through which I have passed.

And then from out of the trees and mist, there appears a blue-eyed maiden. Her white hair is an incongruity amidst the bloom of her otherwise youthful appearance.

* * *


















* * *

A Note: This doll belongs to the excellent Shane, and she is an Enchanted Doll made by Marina Bychkova.

0 comments:

Post a Comment