7.2.11

Building A Mystery

On Friday, my order of wigs and eyes arrived from Luts. Afterward, I felt just reckless enough to take a swing at Chrom's face-up.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

About about half way through the process.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

All finished!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

As desperately as I wanted a Chrom, once he arrived, his default face-up troubled me.

I used to love everything about that face-up, but the more interesting things that I saw other people doing with the sculpt, the less I cared for the default.

In person, the problem was even worse: for as skillful as the artist was, and as lucky as I felt to have a soom limited face-up, to me, he just looked angry all the time. I would glance behind me to see him, and think: Yikes! Why is he so upset?

I also could not think of a name or much of a character for him. He was still so much a 'Chrom' from soom. All of my other resin people have some literary connection and most of them have a song that I associate with them. It may sound a bit silly, but I like how those things give one a sense of character.

So at last, while working away on the face-up, I was listening to grooveshark, and there was the song for my Chrom. It was not at all what I expected it would be.

Shortly thereafter, I decided that, for extremely convoluted reasons, Eric would be a suitable name.

And here he is:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


* * *


0 comments:

Post a Comment