29.8.10

Box-Opening [Buddydoll Raphael Semi-Elf]


An Epic Tale of Eyebrows.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Please also disregard my inability to spell ^.^; I was rather excited.

Mr. Black, a raven, has placed himself beside the box and an accompanying white package, which I assume contains a blank head.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

A glimpse at the minimally styled, but ever-so-functional, inner box.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


The mysteries begin to reveal themselves.

Behold, I give you, firstly, ten miniature toes!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Mr. Black compares his feet with those of the new arrival.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Beyond the green cushion.

I discover that the blank head is in the main box, which makes me very curious as to the white package.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


The contents of the white package: two pairs of beautiful eyes. Buddy-doll does not even sell eyes!

I think they included these to make up for some unnecessary shipping fees that I paid.

I am extremely grateful to have them :-D

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Sexy boots and cards.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


The elegant Mars head.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Wigs.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I confess, there is a reason why I took careful pictures of all the extras. The reason is slightly tragic.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Having by now had my first glimpse of my new doll, I was, of all things, trying assiduously to avoid looking at him.

As though his face would magically fix itself, if I gave it enough time.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Something left me completely cold.

I had requested a custom face-up. I sent Buddydoll a very clear picture of what I wanted, using a lightly photoshopped version of their own pictures, and included a list of the changes I made.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


They said they could do the face-up I had requested.

But the face-up I received looked very different.

It is by no means a completely unattractive face-up, but I had such a definite idea of how he was supposed to appear, that I could hardly stand to look at him.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


When I tried the blond wig on him, the change in his appearance put me seriously Out Of All Good Humour.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I then took his head off, and began to contemplate drastic, uncharted measures.
(Yes, I did flip out a bit ^.^; )

My first doll had revealed her name to me the instant I saw her face.

This person would not take to a name.

I felt such despair that I became brave. I did research on DoA and began to alter his face-up.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

In my panic, I turned the bathroom into an art studio.

(What?? Good God, why the bathroom!? It was convenient... and I cleaned thoroughly afterwards... *mumbles excuses*)
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


For the next six hours, I was engaged in trying to make him look tolerable (to me, anyway).

I had so hoped that I would be able to practice face-ups on the blank head before attempting anything like this.

But finally, well... I freely admit that the company face-up photographed several hundred times better.

At least now, however, his eyebrows are approximately the silly shape that they need to be, and I can love him as he deserves.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


And I discovered that his name is Marlowe.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


* * *

0 comments:

Post a Comment